Group Strength & Conditioning
The group strength and conditioning program is the perfect choice for those who want individualized training programs and nutritional coaching, but prefer to train in a group instead of in 1-on-1 personal training sessions.
While most group classes take a “one-size-fits-all” approach, in our group strength and conditioning program, we acknowledge that your training program has to be built around your unique strengths and weaknesses. This will allow you to make progress in the fastest and safest way possible. Every member of the group training program begins with a 1-on-1 consultation where we discuss your training and health history. After that, you will complete a comprehensive physical assessment. The assessment will test your strength, endurance, and mobility, which will allow me to identify your weak links and create your individual training program.
The structure of a group training session can vary significantly from one person to the next, with some people needing to put more emphasis on mobility, while others will focus on building maximal strength or rehabbing from an old injury. Everyone's program is completely individualized. That being said, you can expect that we will incorporate a variety of dumbbell, barbell, and body-weight exercises, weighted stretches, flexibility and mobility drills, plyometrics, gymnastic-inspired movements, and power rack-based training. During good weather, we'll even hit the track for some sprint workouts!
Group sessions are limited to 5 participants ensuring that everyone receives some 1-on-1 coaching. The priority is to make sure that everyone is training hard, using good technique, and staying injury-free.
Group Strength & Conditioning Program
- Individualized & regularly updated training program
- Emphasis on safety and proper technique
- Group size limited to 5 people
- Nutrition coaching included
- Coaching support via email/text
Typical Group Training Classes
- Same training program for every participant
- Little to no 1-on-1 coaching
- 20+ people per class
- No nutrition coaching
- No support outside of class times
Is the Group Strength & Conditioning Program right for me?
To join the group training program, I ask that you make a commitment to train four times per week. This is for two important reasons:
1. I want you to get results! Four training sessions per week is the minimum threshold to see good long-term progress. 2-3 sessions per week will do little more than maintain your current level, especially if you have already been training for more than a few months.
2. I'm not interested in working with people who are satisfied with mediocre results. Come see me if you have ambitious goals for your physique and performance AND are also willing to hold yourself to a high standard outside of training hours. Having everyone in the group on the same page creates a more positive, focused and motivating training environment.
If this sounds like a program you are ready to commit to, contact me so we can get started!